Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Katoomba - Day one

A new day and I must say I find Katoomba very pleasant. The caravan park is quiet but busy and is very, very pleasant. I would recommend it and come back again. Ken the caretaker  talks at 100 mph but is extremely helpful. The town reminds me of a mix of Daylesford and Cuba st in Wellington. The weather is, well raining, but still not unpleasant. It’s a fine mist which just saturates everything and creates this eerie mist effect around the place we went for a drive to few lookouts etc but you couldn’t see much. We are waiting for Gaz and Chaz to arrive although that will be late today as they are driving through from Wodonga. They stayed at the “princesses” caravan park last night so will be interesting to get their thoughts. I hope the weather clears as there are loads of walks to do and we want do a few. Di is a bit sore and sorry today and has the makings of a bruise on the cheek and aches and pains. Today I think will be pretty quiet for us which is not such a bad thing. Di is probably going to do some scrap booking. Above is Di looking out over the Blue Mountains.
We have done our assessment of the ablutions block and we have given it a 7. It obviously services the whole park but is clean and neat. It also has 24 hr piped music. I can’t complain about anything so my standing as a grumpy old fart may be tarnished.
Below is the view from our annex to the cabin on the opposite camp site

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you guys are enjoying yourselves. Loving the ratings too.

    ReplyDelete