Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 3 – Wodonga to Goulburn

We woke to a reasonable day and not wishing to leave the riveting company of our hosts we managed to get away pretty quick. It was a couple of hour trip and noting much exciting happened. We went through Holbrook and Tarcutta. Holbrook didn’t look to bad lots of water on the sides of the road etc. Tarcutta coped it I would say. Pretty much anything near the river would have been flooded. There was a lot of debris on the road but it was still in pretty good nick. The pub looked in pretty bad way and I wouldn’t buy fuel from the servo for a while. The digs for the night are pretty reasonable to. The wind is blowing a gale and cold as. The owner here tells me it snowed 2 nights ago and I think we will be in for a cold night. Outside the office the owner has set up his own miniature railway. He has put a lot of work into and is quite interesting. I don’t know who the artist was that created the ant ensemble but they watch over the railway. I have rated the ensuite a 5 which was ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment